Do you fancy yourself a watch-spotting savant, particularly in identifying timepieces worn by Hollywood actors and actresses on the silver screen? Well, here’s your chance to prove it. We’ve compiled a dozen questions about watches in the movies for you to test your horological eye. Click here to take the quiz. Answers are at the bottom of the page. –watchtime.com
1. Which watch adorned the wrist of Josh Brolin’s character Bretton James in Wallstreet: Money Never Sleeps?
a. Vacheron Constantin Les Historique merican 1921
b. Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionelle Calibre 2755
c. Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph
d. IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
Bonus question: What did Michael Douglas wear as Gordon Gekko?
2. What was on Denzel Washington’s wrist in The Taking of Pelham 123?
a. Ball Trainmaster
b. Ball Spacemaster
c. Omega Seamaser
d. Victorinox Dive Master
3. How did Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury keep track of time in this year’s hit The Avengers?
a. Lunatic iPod Nano watch
b. Jaeger Le-Coultre Master Compresson Navey SEALs
c. Tag Heuer Mikrotimer
d. Piaget Polo
4. What was George Clooney wearing when he was Up In The Air?
a. Omega Constellation
b. Omega DeVille Hour Vision
c. Omega Aqua Terra
d. Omega Planet Ocean
5. Which watch did Leonardo DiCaprio’s character “Cobb” choose for invading dreams in 2010’s Inception?
a. Tag Heuer Link Chronograph
b. Tag Heuer Silverstone Chronograph
c. Tag Heuer Carrera Automatic
d. Tag Heuer Monaco V4
6. In Iron Man 2, Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark wore an amazing suit and a…
a. JLC AMVOX 3 Tourbillion
b. JLC Master Grand Tourbillion 1833
c. JLC Reverso Grande 985
d. All of the above
7. Playing methodical killer “Vincent” in Collateral, what did Tom Cruise use to track the minutes between hits?
a. IWC Vintage Ingenieur Automatic
b. IWC Aquatimer
c. Tag Heuer Monaco Chronograph
d. Tag Heuer Carrera Chronograph
8. In 1985’s Back To The Future, Michael J Fox as Marty McFly traveled in time wearing which watch?
a. Casio CA-50 calculator watch
b. Texas Instruments LED watch
c. Timex digital chrono-alarm
d. Armitron Alpha
Bonus question: What did Christopher Lloyd’s Dr Emmett Brown wear?
9. In the movie 2012, John Cusack’s Jackson Curtis tracked what seemed like Earth’s final minutes with which watch?
a. Breitling Navitimer
b. Rolex GMT Master II
c. Omega Speedmaster
d. IWC Pilot Mark XVI
10. In The Bank Job, what did Jason Statham’s character Terry Leather wear?
a. Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph
b. Breitling Chrfonomat B01
c. Panerai Radiomir Egiziano Special Edition
d. Tag Heuer Monaco Automatic Chronograph
11. In 2011’s Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, actor Jeffrey Wright, who also plays Felix Leiter opposite Daniel Craig’s James Bond, portrayed William Black. Which watch did his character wear?
a. Omega Seamaster
b. Omega Planet Ocean
c. Hamilton Khaki Navy Pioneer
d. Hamilton Khaki Officer Automatic
12. Which watch did Tom Cruise rely on as Ethan Hunt in Mission Impossible – Ghost Protocol?
a. Casio G-Shock Mr. G
b. Rolex Deepsea
c. Tudor Heritage Chronograph
d. IWC Aquatimer Galapagos IE
Bonus question: What was Jeremy Renner’s character William Brandt wearing?
Bonus: Jaeger Le-Coultre everso
Bonus: Seiko Training Timer
Bonus: Rolex Submariner